One of the nicest things you can do in any language is to compliment someone. You might want to compliment someone on what they did, how they look or what they have. Here are forms and phrases to compliment others in English. The examples below are arranged into complimenting ability, complimenting looks, and complimenting possessions in both formal and informal situations.
你能用任何語言做的最好的事情之一就是贊美某人。你可能想稱贊某人的所作所為、外表如何或擁有什么。以下是用英語恭維他人的方式和短語。下面的例子被分為在正式和非正式的情況下贊美能力,贊美容貌,恭維財產。

Complimenting Ability
贊美能力

Use these phrases to compliment someone on an ability they have. If you'd like to learn something from the person about his/her ability, start with a compliment. The person will probably help you learn more and be happy to talk about how to do it.
用這些短語贊美某人的能力。如果你想從對方身上學到一些關于他/她的能力的東西,那就從恭維開始。這個人可能會幫助你了解更多,并且很樂意談論如何做到這一點。

Formal
正式

If you don't mind my saying, you are a(n) excellent/outstanding/superb + (noun phrase)
如果你不介意我說的話,你是一個優秀的/杰出的/卓越的+(名詞短語)

I must say you really know how to + (verb)
我得說你真的對做什么了如指掌+(動詞)

You are a fine + (noun phrase)
你是個很贊的+(名詞短語)

What a(n) excellent/outstanding/superb + (noun phrase) you are!
你是多么的優秀/杰出/出色+(名詞短語)!

I admire your ability to + (verb)
我欽佩你的+能力(動詞)

Mr. Smith, if you don't mind my saying, you are an excellent public speaker.
史密斯先生,如果你不介意我說的話,你是個出色的演說家。

I must say you really know how to paint.
我得說你真的知道怎么畫畫。

I admire your ability to think on your feet.
我很欽佩你腳踏實地的思考能力。

Informal
非正式地

You're great at (verb + ing)
你很擅長(動詞+ing)

You can really (verb)
你真的可以(動詞)

Wow, I wish I could (verb) as well as you!
哇,我希望我能和你一樣好。

You're an amazing/awesome/incredible + (noun phrase)
你是一個了不起的/超贊的/不可思議的+(名詞短語)

Wow! You're great at skiing!
真的!你很擅長滑雪!

You can really cook. This is amazing food!
你真會做飯。這是令人驚嘆的美食!

You're an awesome student.
你是個很棒的學生。

Complimenting Looks
贊美外貌

Use these phrases to compliment someone on how they look. This section is divided into two categories: for women and for men. It's important to use the right language for the situation. If you pay someone a compliment on their looks in the wrong way, it's possible that your compliment will not be accepted.
用這些短語贊美某人的長相。這部分分為兩類:女性和男性。在這種情況下使用恰當的語言是很重要的。如果你以錯誤的方式來贊美某人的長相,你的贊美可能不會被接受。

Formal
正式的

Notice how we ask permission to pay compliments on good looks in formal English. This is to ensure that no one gets the wrong idea about your intention.
注意我們如何請求允許在正式英語中對漂亮的外表進行贊美。這是為了確保沒有人對你的意圖有錯誤的認識。

May I be so bold as to compliment your + (dress/hair/outfit/etc.)?
我可以大膽地贊美你的+(衣服/頭發/套裝等)嗎?

You are looking beautiful/handsome today.
你今天看起來很漂亮。

May I pay you a compliment? You really look beautiful/handsome/elegant/etc. today.
我可以夸獎你嗎?你今天真的很漂亮/英俊/優雅/等等。

I hope you don't mind, but you are looking beautiful/handsome today.
我希望你不介意,但你今天看起來很漂亮。

Ms. Anders, may I be so bold as to compliment you on your dress?
安德斯女士,我可以大膽地稱贊你的裙子嗎?

I hope you don't mind, but I just had to say how wonderful you look today.
我希望你不介意,但我只是想說你今天看起來很漂亮。

May I pay you a compliment, Mary? You really look fantastic today.
瑪麗,我可以稱贊你嗎?你今天看起來真的很棒。

Informal
非正式

You look great today!
你今天看起來棒極了!

Excuse me, are you a model?
抱歉,你是模特嗎?

I really love your (dress/hair/outfit/etc.).
我真的很喜歡你的(裙子/頭發/衣服等)。

What a beautiful (dress/shirt/blouse/haircut/etc.)!
多漂亮的(衣服/襯衫/襯衫/理發?。?!

Wow, you look great today! Did you do something different?
哇,你今天看起來棒極了!你做了什么與眾不同的事嗎?

Sherry, what a beautiful dress!
雪莉,多漂亮的裙子??!

I really love your haircut. It makes you look like a movie star.
我真的很喜歡你的發型。它讓你看起來像個電影明星。

Complimenting Possessions
恭維財產

Use these phrases to compliment someone on something they have. People are often proud of their possessions, especially major objects such as a house, a car, or even a stereo system. Complimenting someone on a nice possession is a good way to make small talk.
用這些短語贊美某人所擁有的東西。人們常常為自己的財產感到自豪,尤其是一些主要的物品,如房子、汽車,甚至是音響系統。恭維某人擁有很多財產是一個進行閑談的好方式。

Formal
正式

I couldn't help but notice your + (noun phrase)
我忍不住注意到你的+(名詞短語)

What a lovely + (noun) + you have!
你有多可愛的+(名詞)!

You have such a wonderful / lovely / beautiful home / house / apartment / living room / etc.
你有如此美妙/可愛/美麗的家/房子/公寓/客廳等。

I have to admit I'm jealous of your + (noun phrase)
我不得不承認我嫉妒你的+(名詞短語)

Tom, I couldn't help but notice your Mercedes. It's a beauty!
湯姆,我忍不住注意到你的奔馳。真漂亮!

I have to admit I'm jealous of your lovely garden.
我不得不承認我嫉妒你可愛的花園。

You have such a cozy home.
你的房子也太舒適了吧。

Informal
非正式

Nice + (noun phrase)
Nice+(名詞短語)

I like your + (noun phrase)
I like your +(名詞短語)

That's nice / pretty / beautiful.
很漂亮。

Nice car! Is it yours?
好車!這是你的嗎?

Do you like my sweater? - That's nice!
你喜歡我的毛衣嗎?-很贊??!

Example 1: Ability
例1:能力

Gary: Hi Tim. Great round today.
加里:嗨,提姆。今天的比賽很棒。

Tim: Thanks, Gary.
提姆:謝謝你,加里。

Gary: You can really hit the golf ball.
加里:你真的很會打高爾夫球。

Tim: You're much too kind.
蒂姆:你太客氣了。

Gary: No really. I wish I could drive as well as you.
加里:不,真的。我希望我能像你一樣這么會開車。

Tim: Well, take a few lessons. It'll happen.
提姆:嗯,你可以上一些課,就可以做到。

Gary: I've thought about it. Do you really think it helps?
加里:我想過這個問題,你認為這樣真的有用嗎?

Tim: I used to have a horrible drive. Try a lesson, it's worth the price.
蒂姆:我以前開車很糟糕。試試看,這是值得的。

Example 2: Looks
例2:外貌

Ms. Smith: Good morning Ms. Anders. How are you today?
史密斯女士:早上好,安德斯女士。你今天好嗎?

Mr. Anders: Fine, thank you. And you?
安德森先生:我很好,謝謝。你呢?

Ms. Smith: I'm very well. Thank you for asking.
史密斯女士:我很好。謝謝你的邀請。

Mr. Anders: Ms. Smith, I hope you don't mind, but you are looking very well today.
安德斯先生:史密斯女士,我希望你不要介意,但你今天看起來很好。

Ms. Smith: Thank you, Mr. Smith. That's kind of you to say so.
史密斯女士:謝謝你,史密斯先生。你這么說真是太好了。

Mr. Anders: Yes, well, have a good day Ms. Smith.
安德斯先生:是的,史密斯女士,祝您愉快。

Ms. Smith: Will I see you at the meeting at 3?
史密斯女士:我3點在會上見你好嗎?

Mr. Anders: Yes', I'll be there.
安德斯先生:是的,我會去的。

Example 3: Possessions
例3:財產

Anna: Thanks for inviting us over for dinner this weekend.
安娜:謝謝你這個周末邀請我們來吃晚飯。

Margaret: My pleasure, come right in.
瑪格麗特:不客氣,請進。

Anna: What a lovely home you have! I love the furniture.
安娜:你的家真漂亮!我喜歡這個家具。

Margaret: Thank you. We like to call it home. It's cozy.
瑪格麗特:謝謝。我們喜歡把它稱作家,因為它舒適宜人。

Anna: You have such exquisite taste in decor.
安娜:你在裝飾方面很有品味。

Margaret: Now you are exaggerating!
瑪格麗特:現在你有點夸張啦!

Anna: No, really, it's so beautiful.
安娜:不,真的,太美了。

Margaret: Thank you. You're very kind.
瑪格麗特:謝謝。你真是太好了。

?

?