I think
我想

It would be fair to say that
自己可以以中肯的態度說

my upbringing has not been the most typical.
小時我被教養的方式有些與眾不同

Without getting in to too much detail
再次我不想贅述太多細節

l I have had A few hills to overcome.
我曾經經歷過幾次坎坷

Some have been of my own making
其中一些是我自己造成的

and some I have just been unlucky.
有一些則是因為我運氣不佳

My biological father was in prison
我的父親在監獄里

and my mum who was 18 years old when I was born,
母親生我的時候才18歲

she was often away when I was young
我小的時候她常常不在我身邊

and grew up with my Grandparents.
我是與爺爺奶奶一起長大的

I left school with no qualifications
離開高中的時候我沒有考取任何資格證書

and flunked out of college which is no surprise
毫無懸念的因為考試不及格被大學退學

as I had gone through most of my school years with undiagnosed dyslexia .
因為在學校里的這些年中,我一直患有讀寫障礙癥,卻沒有得到診斷

By the time I was 17
到17歲的時候

I was depressed
我開始抑郁

and had nothing,
并且一無所有

I had moved out of my home
我從家里搬了出來

and was living with ‘friends’.
與“朋友們”住在一起

If you had asked me then
如果你那時問我

what my life would look like in another 17 years’ time
再過一個17年,我的生活會是什么樣子

it would be nothing how it looks now.
我的回答一定會與此刻的現狀大相徑庭

I got a job as a Chef,
我找到了一份廚師的工作

I worked the 100 hours a weeks
每周我工作100個小時

that are required in the industry,
這是餐飲行業所要求的

to this day I don’t know why
直到如今我也不知為何

but no matter what was going on in my life
但無論自己的生活中會發生什么

I found that I could concentrate on work
我發現自己都可以專心致志的工作

and the more I worked
我工作的越多

the less I drank.
喝酒的次數就越少

After a couple of years’,
多年之后

I tried my best at computing,
我盡全力學習電腦技術

it is the one natural gift that I have been blessed with.
這是我與生俱來的天賦之一

I found I was quite good at it,
我發現自己很在行

my work ethic carried over from being a chef
我的工作態度從廚師的崗位上一脈相承

and I consumed more overtime
我加班是時間更長了

than is legally allowable in the UK.
甚至超過了英國法律規定的時長

By this point
到了現在

the less I drank
我喝的酒越少

the more my depression lifted,
自己的抑郁癥也跟著緩和了許多

this was all noticed by my employer
這些都被我的老板看在眼里

and I was picked for some extra projects,
于是我被選中去做一些額外的項目

these projects allowed me to go for better jobs.
這些項目讓我可以有機會爭取更好的工作

This went on for the next couple of years
這種生活在接下來的幾年里持續下去

until I find myself in the position I am in now.
直到我發現,自己竟已經到了如今的位置

In my current organization
在我現在的公司里

I met my partner
我遇到了自己的終生伴侶

who helped me realize
是她讓我意識到

it was OK to be a little selfish sometimes
有時人可以有一點點小自私

and that I can be happy.
我也有權快樂

Once I met her,
遇到她之后

I started finding other reasons to be happy
我有了更多的理由去讓自己快樂

and the happier I became
我越是快樂

the more confident I grew.
就變得越發自信

I now have an amazing partner
現在,我有一個非常好的妻子

who was able to see past all my issues,
她能包容我所有的問題,看到我的閃光點

two amazing kids whom I love,
兩個很棒的孩子,我愛他們

Quite simply the best most loving dog in the world
我還有一條狗,它是這個世界上感情最熱烈的狗

and some amazing friends.
我還有一群很棒的朋友

I drive now
現在我已經學會了駕駛汽車

and finally Today
而且,就在今天,終于

I was promoted for the third time in 4 years,
4年以來我已經第三次升職了

I now earn just over three times the average salary in the UK.
現在我的工資比英國的平均工資水平高出兩倍多

I am debt free for the first time in my adult life
成年以來我第一次償清了所有的債務

and we are looking to extend the house.
我們計劃著把房屋擴建一番

I know
我知道

there are a lot of things going on in the world
世界上每天都有很多事發生

and I probably should be more worried
人無遠慮必有近憂

but at the moment
但此時此刻

I just cannot be sad.
我實在無法讓自己冷靜下來

I have more than I could ever have dreamed of
我擁有的是自己連做夢也絕不敢想到的

and more than I deserve.
超過了我理應得到的